Last Updated: March 1, 2022
- COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect from you varies depending on how you use our Services. We collect information when you provide it directly to us through our Services. More specifically, the types of personal information you may provide us include:
- Your name
- Email address
- Postal Address
- Phone number
- Credit card and/or other payment or financial account information
- Any other information you choose to provide
When you are a user of our IoT Devices, you may provide us information relating to your use of those devices, including:
- Your age
- Information relating to a child or children to whom you want to associate your breast-feeding statistics, including their name and age
- Your breast-feeding expression amounts
- Breast pump usage settings
- Amount of voluntarily tracked breast milk in your breast milk inventory
- Breast feeding statistics, including the duration and side of feeding, bottle feeding statistics
- Any other information you choose to provide.
You also may provide us information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Site or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
When you access or use our Services or otherwise interact with us, we automatically collect certain information, including:
- Transactional Information: When you make a purchase or return, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price, and the date and location of the transaction.
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services. If you download any of our mobile apps, we may access information you have stored on your mobile device operating system. For example, with your permission, we may access photos or videos from your mobile device photo gallery.
- Location Information: In accordance with your device permissions, we may collect information about the precise location of your device. You may stop the collection of precise location information at any time (see the Your Choices section below for details).
- Activity Information: We collect information about your activity on our Services, such as breast-feeding expression amounts, breast pump usage settings, amount of voluntarily tracked breast milk, breast feeding statistics, including the duration and side of feeding, and bottle-feeding statistics.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and those who perform work for us) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may obtain information from other sources. For example, we may collect information about you from data analytics providers. Additionally, if you create or log into your Babyation account through a third-party platform (such as Facebook or Google), we will have access to certain information from that platform, such as your name, birthday, and profile picture, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such platform.
- USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect in various ways to provide our Services to you, and we also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our products and services;
- Process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, customer experience surveys, and recall notices;
- Personalize your experience with us;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Babyation and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our products and services, including tracking breast pump usage settings, breast milk expression amounts, breast feeding statistics including, for instance, the duration and side of the feeding, and bottle-feeding statistics and aggregating this data for analysis;
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Advertising and Analytics section below);
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of Babyation and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations;
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected
- Fulfill any action or purpose for which you consent or provide us direction.
- SHARING OF INFORMATION
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- If you designate a Caretaker for a child associated with the Services, you direct us to share personal information, including your breast milk inventory and, if you so choose, the child’s name or identifier, with that Caretaker for so long as they remain your designated Caretaker.
- We share personal information with vendors, service providers, and other third parties that access personal information in order to perform functions on our behalf, such as companies that assist us with data analytics services, web hosting, shipping and delivery, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising.
- If you provide a product review or otherwise share content on our Services, we share this information publicly and with other users of our Services.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Babyation, our users, the public, or others.
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
We also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of customized campaigns on third-party platforms (such as Facebook and Instagram). As part of these ad campaigns, we or the third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Children’s Information
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA") requires verifiable parental consent to collect, use, or disclose personal information directly from children under 13 years old online. Our Site and Services are not targeted to children under 13 years old, and it does not intend to collect personal information directly from children under 13 years old. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 13 years old without legally required parental consent, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Users of our IoT Devices may provide us information relating to a child to whom they want to associate their usage or other information. Parents who have submitted their child’s personal information to us and would like to have it deleted may contact us at email@example.com.
- YOUR CHOICES
You may access, update, and correct certain account information at any time by logging into your account or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to delete your account, please send us an email at email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
When you first launch any of our mobile apps that collect precise location information, you will be asked to consent to the app’s collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of such location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. You may also stop our collection of this location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile apps from your device. If you stop our collection of this location information, some features of our Services may no longer function properly.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving marketing text messages or promotional emails from Babyation by following the instructions in those communications or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications
With your consent, we may send push notifications to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Shine the Light
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. We do not share your information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- CONTACT US